Consultants’ survival guide: how to succeed as a new consultant
Tuesday 30 April 2013
Royal College of Physicians
This event has already taken place. In order to find the most up to date details about a similarly named event, please use the side menu to display the current year's events.
This conference will provide practical help and support for new consultants - covering many aspects of the consultant role, from job planning, appraisal and revalidation to working patterns, academic work and relationships with patients, managers and primary care colleagues. The speakers will draw on their own experience, providing inspiration and advice for those at the start of their consultant career. This is a must-attend event for those embarking on or at the early stages of their consultant path.
The programme has been developed by the RCP’s New Consultants Committee and through a survey of new consultant members. Highlights include:
- Job planning.
- Strengthened appraisal and revalidation.
- How do I get support as a new consultant?
- Understanding finances in the new NHS.
- Working with and in medical management.
- Dealing with complaints and working difficult colleagues.
- My role as a trainer and dealing with trainees in difficulty.
- Clinical leadership in the NHS (presented by Sir Michael Rawlins).
- The principles and values for professional success (presented by Sir Bruce Keogh).
Early booking discounts available until 7 January 2013.
All RCP conferences are valid for CPD credits - this conference is worth 6 credits.
What past delegates have said:
“Excellent conference and lots of learning points to take away.” (2012 conference delegate).
We are pleased to offer a number of partnership opportunities for companies to be involved with the conference. Further details are available by downloading the brochure.
- New consultants (Year 1-5)
- Final and penultimate-year specialist trainees
Doctors from ‘non-medical’ specialties will also find this conference of interest.
Contact Person: Conference coordinator
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CPD Code: 79237